[linux-audio-user] S/PDIF input on M-Audio Dio2448

Anahata anahata at treewind.co.uk
Wed May 19 17:42:49 EDT 2004

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 09:45:09PM +0100, Anahata wrote:

> - now how do I control the S/PDIF input with ALSA?

OK - I've found a partial answer to my problem - found
http://alsa.opensrc.org/index.php?page=cmipci and prompted to try a few
mixer apps such as alsamixergui.

Also I can edit /var/lib/alsa/asound.state and load it with
alsactl too - now all I need is a way of setting us some preset
settings - basically one for playback, one for recording and I think
another for recording with S/PDIF inverted - and I'm sorted. Maybe the
answer is to create some ready made asound.state files and just load the
one I want.

alsactl doesn't seem to have a way of adjusting settings form the command
line, only to save and load files. Have I missed something?

(a command tail that says control.28=true control.38=false etc...
 would be nice, for putting in a shell script)

--
Anahata
anahata at treewind.co.uk -+- http://www.treewind.co.uk