[linux-audio-user] M-Audio Delta 66 breakout box cable

Doug James dcjames at comcast.net
Thu May 20 21:30:01 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 21:01, Cal wrote:
> howdy folks,
> WRT an M-Audio Delta 66, can anyone tell me if the 15 way
> cable connecting the card to the breakout box is a straight through
> cable, or does it have funky things like special shielding or oddball
> connection patterns?
>
> cheers, Cal

>From the M-Audio FAQS:
"The Delta 66 and 44 cables are proprietary audio cables made by M
Audio, not computer data cables. The reason the Delta-44 and 66 (2044
too) cables are special is that all of the signals within the cable are
individually shielded from each other. This prevents a huge amount of
cross-talk between channels!"