[linux-audio-user] Using .PAT files with Jack, and drawbars

LinuxMedia linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Fri May 21 11:05:19 EDT 2004

mknecht at controlnet.com wrote:
> PAT2RAW.ZIP GUS patch files -> raw samples (8/16-bit) (sound)
>
> By chance I just ran across this. Would it help you?

Oh my God, after 4 years with Linux/Audio there's finally a .pat
converter...

I ended up installing (and testing) "CONVERT" to convert a ".pat" to
different file formats.

Go to...
http://www.programmersheaven.com/search/download.asp?FileID=3194

SIMPLIFIED APPROACH...

1) Put (one) ".pat" file in an empty directory

2) cd to that directory

3) To convert to WAV...
wine -- /PathTo/CONVERT.EXE *.pat -WAV

4) To convert to RAW...
wine -- /PathTo/CONVERT.EXE *.pat -RAW

The converted files will be in the same directory as the ".pat" file and
will have the appropriate extention.

I notice that I wasn't able to use paths in the command. There's probly
a flag in "wine", but this is the first time I've ever used wine.

Thanks for sending me in the right direction Mark.

Rocco