[linux-audio-user] ANNOUNCE: Rosegarden-4 0.9.8 released

Doug James dcjames at comcast.net
Tue May 25 18:19:03 EDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 13:43, LinuxMedia wrote:

> It's probly too early for this, but I would love to hear people's
> experience with using Rosegarden for recording audio.

I'm just starting to attempt this, and my efforts so far have been a
dismal failure. Given the fact that I'm a newcomer to Rosegarden, that's
probably because I'm doing something wrong. The docs are a bit confusing
to me on how to do this, and there's probably something I've missed or
flat out done wrong.

I haven't upgraded to the current release yet, so doing that might help
me too.

> While I'm on the subject... does Rosegarden have JACK transport
> functionality? If so, how well does it work?

Yes it does. To get around the fact that I couldn't get audio into
Rosegarden, I sent the audio output from Rosegarden to Ardour, Worked
like a charm, and the two synchronized nicely through Jack.

--Doug
"I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of
humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture
we're from, everyone loves music." -- Billy Joel