[linux-audio-user] vsti audio threads timing out (was Steinberg The Grand)

Carl Hetherington lists at carlh.net
Tue May 25 18:25:48 EDT 2004

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:

> Carl Hetherington:
> >
> > I don't suppose there's any way of running vstis without starting their
> > GUIs ?  I'm wondering because I get "TheGrand started" and then wine
> > dies, so I suspect the audio stuff might work were it not for the GUI
> > failing.
>
> I guess this should be an option. In the mean time, in the jackclient.c
> file, remove the following lines:
>
>   effect->dispatcher (effect,
>                       effEditOpen,
>                       0, 0, NULL, 0);
>
> And recompile.

Thanks Kjetil, that works great.  The problem I'm having now (;-) is that
the audio thread gets killed by the watchdog.

Am I right in assuming that wine doesn't have much to do with the audio
thread?  If so, what could be different about the audio code's environment
on Linux compared to windows?  Any suggestions on how I can investigate
the problem?

Thanks again.

Carl