[linux-audio-user] Linux Audio on the IBM ThinkPad R50

Anders Vinjar andersvi at ulrik.uio.no
Thu May 27 06:15:01 EDT 2004

>>> "DH" == Dan Harper <tech at danharper.org> writes:

    DH> Hi all, I just purchased an IBM ThinkPad R50 and an RME
    DH> Hammerfall DSP Multiface w/ Cardbus interface.

Thanks, we'll be eagerly following further testing and benchmarks
coming out on the bottom of your page!  Keep posting further results.

What about other experiences along similar avenues?  I'm just now
setting up a laptop for realtime performance use here, and would
be very interested in reading any recent experiences with laptop
audio multi-channel-i/o.

Any specific laptops to keep clear of?

What about interfaces/soundcards?  What experience are there out
there using the Cardbus PCMCIA Interface from RME on Linux?  Are
USB-based systems worth anything?

-anders