[linux-audio-user] Linux swapping / multiple swap drives

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Thu May 27 15:00:43 EDT 2004

Hello,

Can someone tell me how Linux selects which swap to use. I know there is
a swap priority, but my problem is a bit more complex.

I have to hard drives, both containing swap partitions. The first hard
drive also contains the OS and ardour sessions. The second hard drive is
'extra space'. I would like to use both drives for recording (not at the
same time), but I'm concerned about how Linux selects which swap drive
to use.

Ideally, when recording to drive 1 the OS would use the swap partition
on drive 2 and vice versa.

I don't know enough about Linux internals, so if someone does, please
could you inform me?

  Sampo