[linux-audio-user] vxpocket perfomance questions

Chris Pickett chris.pickett at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu May 27 16:51:28 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a VXpocket v2 running under a 2.6.5-gentoo-r1 kernel which is
patched with rt caps.

I find that with jackstart, I can get away with 2 periods of 512 samples
if the communication is 1-way, but in duplex mode I need 2 periods of
4096 samples to avoid xruns.  Surprisingly, my on-board soundcard has
better performance!

Is this much different under a low-latency 2.4 kernel?

Would it be better if the card were hw:0 instead of hw:2?

Also, is it normal for the card to distort if the PCM level is above 82?
  I wasn't having this distortion problem with W2K if IIRC.

Cheers,
Chris