[linux-audio-user] fst redux

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Thu May 27 21:56:42 EDT 2004

Greetings:

  Not wanting to be left behind by the FST/VST gravy train, I decided
I'd compile and install libfst and jack_fst. Compiling wasn't difficult,
I just followed the instructions, but I had to dig up Torben's advice to
repair aeffctx.h by adding 'struct' to a single line before jack_fst
would build. Btw, I used the sources for libfst 1.5 and jack_fst 1.2,
hopefully those are reasonably up to date, but please let me know if I
need to update. I retrieved the sources from
http://linuxaudiosystems.com/fst/.

  Once the VST headers were kosher I built and installed the library and
jack_fst. I fired up jack_fst with the Kontakt demo, made the proper
audio and MIDI port connections, and the plugin responded nicely.  My
Absynth plugin died the death, but the SIR reverb plugin worked very
well (I routed the output from XMMS into SIR, thanks to the xmms_jack
output plugin). Great fun.

  So I'm getting started with fst and friends. I plan to get the latest
galan now and see how it works with some VST plugins. If I make decent
progress over the next few days I'll try to make time to revise the
tutorial.

  Onwards and upwards...

Best,

dp