[linux-audio-dev] re: [linux-audio-user] A bit of good news--paper now available for your viewing pleasure and/or comments

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at fuse.net
Fri May 28 13:55:55 EDT 2004

Hmm, so just for my own understanding of this, if let's say 2 soundcards A
and B lack sync between themselves, yet are being fed in appropriate
intervals small buffers of audio data from JACK, what is preventing them
from staying in sync?

For instance, the way I see it is that if one card even spits out the audio
at a fraction faster than other, due to sample buffer size being small
enough, such inconsistency imho should not be even noticed unless obviously
there is something really screwed up and the speed of output is seriously
off in which case such card is obviously deemed inadequate for any serious
audio work anyhow.

Plase correct my assumption if I am [most likely] wrong. Also a verbose
explanation would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ivica Ico Bukvic, composer & multimedia sculptor
http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/