[linux-audio-dev] re: [linux-audio-user] A bit of goodnews--paper now available for your viewing pleasure and/or comments

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at fuse.net
Fri May 28 15:19:33 EDT 2004

Hmm, it would be a fun project then to come up with a profiler of various
audio cards by recording and then capturing a specific buffer of audio data.
Then by comparing them (assuming that this drift is constant) see how many
empty samples there are (or if the playback is slower, how many samples are
missing), and then create a framework that allows real-time resampling in
order to compensate for that discrepancy whenever multiple soundcards are
being used :-D

Of course this would be relatively pointless as for any serious work one
should always resort to a better card rather than experimenting with this.
Nonetheless it may prove to be a fun project sometime down the road ;-)

Best wishes,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, composer & multimedia sculptor
http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/