[linux-audio-user] configuring grub

Joe Button linux-audio-user at joebutton.co.uk
Sat May 29 04:56:19 EDT 2004

Hi.

> Can we
> simply copy the contents of one boot partition to the other, or is that
> just too simple a solution to be workable ?

You should just need the vmlinuz and initrd files, anything else is optional.
Of course you'll need to edit your grub.conf to take account of where
everything is.

I think you should be OK doing all this from a running system. The only gotcha
is you should make sure the (correct) boot partition is mounted when you're
setting up grub or you can get mightily confused. Happened to me the other
day.

> Thanks for the advice, Joe, it is most helpful and much appreciated.

No problem, hope you get it all working.