[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] XRuns with the Audiophile 24/96 M-Audio

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sat May 29 07:21:38 EDT 2004

What kind of disk drives?  Adaptec SCSI controllers can give you
problems with xruns.  If IDE, did you tune your hard drives?  Are you
using a separate hard drive for audio data?  How much memory?  Is your
sound card sharing the interrupt?  Did you try adjusting PCI latencies?
I'm running:

Athlon 1700
Nvidia TNT
ST Audio C-Port DSP 2000 (envy24)
512MB PC133
ATA 133 7200RPM IDE
Via KT something or other mobo (I don't remember which)

2.4.26-1.ll.rhfc1.ccrma
ALSA 1.0.4
latest Ardour, JACK, JAMin

I run everything as root.  No xrun problems.  I doubt that there is
anything wrong with the card you bought.  It's probably system
configuration.

Jan