[linux-audio-user] Ardour, Jack, and 2.6 kernels

Dave Phillips dlphilp at bright.net
Sat May 29 11:55:01 EDT 2004

RTaylor wrote:

> Windowmaker with Gnustep gives you a pretty complete NextStep desktop.
> It's nowhere near as heavy as Gnome or KDE and it gives you most of
> the benefits. {I'm setting it up now on Fedora2... :} It just sort of
> popped into my head.} What I'm seeing as the real benefit is this:
>
> http://www.musickit.org :} Aside from the obvious GNUMail.

Rick, if you actually make any sound out of that system I'd sure like to
know how you do it. MuscKit looks quite interesting, but its
requirements have seemed fairly daunting in the past. I'm curious to
know what's actually possible with MusicKit these days, so let us know
if you have any success with it.

Best,

dp