[linux-audio-user] wav to mp3 converter

Jos Laake jos at radiks.net
Sun May 30 02:45:50 EDT 2004

Hey y'all,

I have a script that I run when I close down my studio
that copies all of my random recordings over to the
'Dailies' area on my web site.  But all of these snippets
are .wav files (mostly from Timemachine & Audacity).
I'd like to have the script batch convert all the .wav's
to .mp3's before the copy.  That way, my musical partners
don't have to download a 40MB .wav file to see if they
want to work with a snippet.  So what I really need is
a high quality command line driven wav->mp3 converter
that I can set up something like:

convertorthang -o=mp3 *.wav

and have it just do it... Oh, and not try to do it
again if the file already exists.

Okay, I'll go Google around, but if anybody's got a good
pointer for me, lemme know, eh? ;-)

toodles!
~Jos~