[linux-audio-user] Linux Audio on the IBM ThinkPad R50

Thomas Charbonnel thomas at undata.org
Mon May 31 03:18:20 EDT 2004

> Hi Anders,
>
> I've updated the page with some new tests:
> http://danharper.org/Linux_on_the_IBM_ThinkPad_R50.html
>
> Jack, Ardour and Jamin work fine.  I haven't fully put the Hammerfall
> through any major tests though, but that will come soon.
>
> Details on some other aspects also updated.
>
> Expect some more updates soon.
>
> Regards,
> Dan

Hi Dan,

I read on your page you had problems using the hdsp at 96kHz. To do so you
have to switch to double speed mode (i.e. to a sample rate > 48khz)
manually before opening the desired app. You can do this either
graphically with hdspconf (part of alsa-tools) or on the command line
using amixer :
amixer -c X cset numid=11 Y
where X is your hdsp's alsa card number and Y the rate needed (6 is 96kHz).

Thomas