[linux-audio-user] Debian Unstable Rosegarden & Ardour

David Mulcahy eseol at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Nov 1 09:35:03 EST 2004

This is the output from rosegardensequencer on the first run

rosegarden (sequencer): SequencerMmapper : setting size
of /tmp/kde-davmul//rosegarden_sequencer_timing_block to 91012
rosegarden (sequencer): SequencerMmapper : mmap size : 91012 at 0xb64fd000
rosegarden (sequencer): SequencerMmapper::init()
rosegarden (sequencer): Registering with DCOP server
Rosegarden 0.9.9 - AlsaDriver - alsa-lib version 1.0.4
AudioFileReader::run()
AudioFileReader::run() done

JackDriver::initialiseAudio - JACK sample rate = 44100Hz, buffer size = 2048
JackDriver::initialiseAudio - creating disk thread
JackDriver::initialiseAudio - found 10 JACK physical outputs
JackDriver::initialiseAudio - connecting from "rosegarden:master out L" to
"alsa_pcm:playback_1"
JackDriver::initialiseAudio - connecting from "rosegarden:master out R" to
"alsa_pcm:playback_2"
JackDriver::initialiseAudio - found 12 JACK physical inputs
JackDriver::initialiseAudio - connecting from "alsa_pcm:capture_1" to
"rosegarden:record in 1 L"
JackDriver::initialiseAudio - connecting from "alsa_pcm:capture_2" to
"rosegarden:record in 1 R"
JackDriver::initialiseAudio - initialised JACK audio subsystem

  ALSA Client information:

    64,0 - (M Audio Delta 1010LT MIDI - Rawmidi 0, M Audio Delta 1010LT MIDI)
(DUPLEX) [ctype 2, ptype 2, cap 127]
    129,0 - (ardour, seq)               (WRITE ONLY) [ctype 1, ptype 2, cap
99]

Creating device 0 in Play mode for connection 64:0 M Audio Delta 1010LT MIDI
(duplex)
Default device name for this device is MIDI external device
Creating device 1 in Record mode for connection 64:0 M Audio Delta 1010LT MIDI
(duplex)
Default device name for this device is MIDI hardware input device
Creating device 2 in Play mode for connection 129:0 ardour: seq (write)
Default device name for this device is MIDI software device
AlsaDriver::setCurrentTimer((auto))
    Current timer set to "PCM playback 0-0-0"
AlsaDriver::initialiseMidi -  initialised MIDI subsystem

rosegarden (sequencer): RosegardenSequencer - started OK
AlsaDriver::reportFailure(0)
rosegarden (sequence manager): ControlBlockMmapper : Couldn't
open /tmp/kde-davmul//rosegarden_control_block
WARNING: Rosegarden::Exception: "Couldn't
open /tmp/kde-davmul//rosegarden_control_block"

and the output from ardour

finished route resort
 Audio 1 master
finished route resort
 Audio 1 master
finished route resort
 Audio 1 master
finished route resort
 Audio 1 master
finished route resort
 Audio 1 master
Segmentation fault

Not sure why it cant open the tmp file permissions seem ok and all was working
well maybe something to do with kde3.3?

Dave