[linux-audio-user] Fwd: [linux-audio-dev] QSynth/fluidsynth having problems with looped soundfonts

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at fuse.net
Wed Nov 3 22:43:14 EST 2004

Thanks for a fast reply!

One of the soundfonts I tried was the flute soundfont from the
soundfonts.it. The direct URL to the soundfont is:

http://www.soundfonts.it/exec/zkdownload.pl?file=1115-FLUTE__Large.zip

It’s also available on this page:
http://www.soundfonts.it/?a=soundfonts&c=10#10
(it's the 2nd sound from the top)

The sound is fine until the vibrato comes and the sound starts looping.

I am using heavily modified Mdk 10.0 Community on an Amd64 3000+ (Mobile)
notebook running 32-bit Linux 2.6.7 kernel with many low-lat patches and
gizmos.

I tried both the latest tarball version of fluidsynth and the somewhat older
rpm version from Thac's rpm's. The result was the same in both cases.

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, composer & multimedia sculptor
http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/

---