[linux-audio-user] [ANN] dssi-vst 0.3

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Thu Nov 4 11:08:46 EST 2004

On Thursday 04 Nov 2004 16:03, Chris Cannam wrote:
> On Thursday 04 Nov 2004 15:38, Russell Hanaghan wrote:
> > So in a brief outline, how do I use this? Is it a requirement that
> > the app supports it? Can I use it with RG and Muse? If so, how?
>
> You can use DSSI plugins directly in an app that supports hosting
> them, such as Rosegarden.  [...]

Duh, I'm sorry -- I dozily misread which thread you were asking about,
and thought you were asking about DSSI plugins generally rather than
dssi-vst specifically.

dssi-vst is a DSSI plugin, so what I just wrote does apply to it.  If
it's properly built and installed (which is generally the tricky bit!)
then it will scan the VST plugins found in $VST_PATH (defaulting to
$HOME/vst/) and make them all available to any DSSI host as DSSI
plugins.  So they should show up automatically in e.g. Rosegarden.

To run them in a standalone mode, one can say something like

  jack-dssi-host dssi-vst.so:Reaktor4.dll

to run a particular wrapped plugin using the reference host.  This is
pretty much equivalent to using Kjetil's vsti program (from vstserver).

Chris