[linux-audio-user] Rosgarden, jack_fst and Native Instruments B4

Timo Sivula timo.sivula at luukku.com
Fri Nov 5 10:23:19 EST 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-05 at 22:32, Chris Cannam wrote:

> Hmm, there's a question.  I would be inclined to apt-get remove the CCRMA
> package, download the sources, build, and install using "make install" rather
> than bothering with an RPM.  Probably nothing else depends on Rosegarden, so
> that shouldn't cause any consistency problems, and it can always be replaced
> by a later CCRMA RPM (Rosegarden's "make uninstall" should work fine).

This is beyond what I dare to do. My software competence ends at the
./configure, make, make install level and I do not want to replace an
installed rpm with a compiled binary due to the maintenance problems
araising.

I found .spec files in the source tar ball. Could they be used to create
a proper rpm of the sources?

br, Timo