[linux-audio-user] success/failures with M Audio / Edirol Firewire cards ?

Olivier Kaloudoff kalou at kalou.net
Mon Nov 8 10:41:55 EST 2004

Hi,

 	I plan to buy one of the following external mobile sound
interface, to record live with linux;

- Edirol FA 101 (Firewire, XLR, spdif, MIDI)

- M Audio Firewire 410 (Firewire, XLR, spdif, DTS)

 	is there someone out there using this kind of device
already with linux ? the manufacturers were unable to give me
informations about linux compatibility, so I wonder if I'll be
able to use all the features with the standard linux tools, or
only a subset.

 	would be really happy to ear feedback from you.

Best Regards,

Olivier Kaloudoff
LUG Linux Azur
http://www.linux-azur.org