[linux-audio-user] first release for fmit

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Thu Nov 11 12:25:11 EST 2004

Laura Conrad <lconrad at laymusic.org>:
> Trying to build fmit on Debian Sid.
>
> Now I don't have any errors on either "make configure" or "make
> check", but when I run make, I get:
>
> [fmit-0.8.2]# make
> Qt: generate header ConfigForm.h for interface ConfigForm.ui
> make: /usr/lib/qt2//bin/uic: Command not found
> make: *** [ConfigForm.h] Error 127
> [fmit-0.8.2]#
>
> There is a /usr/bin/uic, but running make configure and make with
> prefix=/usr doesn't seem to help.

The "prefix=/whatever" is about where to install stuff later on.
"/usr/bin/uic" should be a link to "/usr/lib/<your-qt-version>/bin/uic"

For compiling qt stuff you need $QTDIR that points to your qt
installation.

I have "export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3" in my .bashrc. It gets exported when
you log in or when you say
$ . .bashrc
in your bash. Don't know whether fmit will be happy with qt2 though.

Wolfgang