[linux-audio-user] Access Virus TI VST plugin

Christoph Eckert mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de
Fri Nov 12 13:24:51 EST 2004

> Wow! That's one killer feature!
>
> Anyone knows if that VST plugin would work on Linux?

As I'm a Virus C user, I think they have done a great concept.

The Virus TI acts as a sound card, a standalone synth and a
VST plugin at the same time.

This means, it can record and output audio and midi from/to
external equipment from my sequencer software, and the sound
engine *and* its effects can be used as an external effects
rack for audio tracks in your sequencer.

BUT:

There's a special library which does enable all of this, and
this library is only available for Mac and Win.

I have contact to one of the Access guys, so if someone wants
to write such a library for Linux, I'd politely ask if the
API specs are top secret or if Access would give the specs
out to the world.

But even if we had the specs, I guess on linux it would only
make sense to use the audio and MIDI jacks. But who knows
what the next years(s) will bring to us ;-) ?

 Best regards

    ce