[linux-audio-user] [(nowhere)] USB Dance mat

Laura Conrad lconrad at laymusic.org
Sun Nov 14 07:22:21 EST 2004

    Jamie> I wouldn't call it a mistake just yet.  I'm also running
    Jamie> kernel 2.6.9 with no problems (Red Hat before, gentoo now),
    Jamie> but with the EMS USB + PS2 pads.  The kernel seems to at
    Jamie> least see your device, and it shows a sane number of
    Jamie> buttons, so that's a start.

    Jamie> What does "ls -l /dev/js0" show?

[test]# ls -l /dev/input/js0
crw-rw-r--  1 root root 13, 0 Jun 14  2001 /dev/input/js0
[test]#

[test]# ls -l /dev/js0
cr--r--r--  1 root root 13, 0 Jan 14  2002 /dev/js0
[test]#

    Jamie> I'm using udev, and my device shows up like this,

    Jamie> $ ls -l /dev/input/js0
    Jamie> crw-r--r--  1 root root 13, 0 Sep 24 22:22 /dev/input/js0

I was wondering whether the relationship between /dev/js0 and
/dev/input/js0 was correct.  I think I've fiddled with those
permissions, but both devices were there when I started.

    Jamie> p.s. I love the dance games, but I also imagine that dance
    Jamie> pads could make a very interesting control/input device for
    Jamie> live music!

That's an interesting idea.  I was also thinking I could write some
dance routines for a broader variety of music.

--
Laura (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	fax: (501) 641-5011