[linux-audio-user] Midisport 8x8 - firmware not loading; is my guess

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Sun Nov 14 16:35:51 EST 2004

It looks like you added "index". I did read somewhere that index helps.
Is this still needed in these days?
I'll try it.

I have read that the "alias /dev/.."  lines are no longer needed and
actually may be a problem if included. Sure would like to get
confirmation on this since it seems others _do_ add them. Anyone?

I don't think it's a ALSA problem as much as the hotplug scripts aren't
running automatically.
Yeah, that's where I got the scripts too (just followed the ALSA
directions):

http://usb-midi-fw.sourceforge.net/

brad