[linux-audio-user] OK.. M-audio quattro (agian) heheh

Austin aacton at yorku.ca
Mon Nov 15 12:27:10 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 09:10 -0500, Timothy Alan Gorman wrote:
> Doeas anyone have this working in either 2.4 kerne;l or 2.6 ?
> if so please let me know...
> thanks  Much ;)

Yes, works fine for me, using audacity or arecord.
Recording new tracks while monitoring the old ones seems to produce a
lot of static in the monitors, but these artifacts are not recorded onto
the new track, so it's tolerable.

Jack was a headache, so I gave up with jack-apps.

The sound quality itself is great.

I also use it as a MIDI interface.

Using Mandrake 10.1 (kernel 2.6.8, alsa 1.0.6).

Austin