[linux-audio-user] XMMS stereo plugin

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Tue Nov 16 14:14:05 EST 2004

On pre-existing mixes, I have tried various plugs available through XMMS. The
LADSPA equalizers might be useful though their UI needs better, more logical
design. Most of the others seem quite specialized, might be useful on
synthesizer tracks.

The one plugin that can sound quite nice is the included (non-LADSPA) stereo
enhancer. I have found no DX or VST freebee that works as well or as imply.
The "PSP stereo enhancer" is close but has more adjustments to mess up. Both
increase the level so the trim needs be lowered.

Has anyone come across other such plugins? Can (such as by using jack) XMMS be
used to apply its plugin and the result be saved in another .wav file?