[linux-audio-user] SuSE 9.2 and Kernel 2.6.8

LinuxMedia linuxmedia4 at netscape.net
Tue Nov 16 15:25:59 EST 2004

Greetings,

I see that SuSE 9.2 Professional uses the 2.6.8 kernal. Since I've been
hearing so many warnings about 2.6 series and audio issues, I wanted to
ask anyone using SuSE 9.2 Professional what their experiences have been
with working with audio with this version. I know that SuSE 9.0 (the
version I currently have) is set up beautifully for doing serious audio
work. I would assume the SuSE team have put a lot of attention to
setting it up well for doing professional audio work, but I thought I
would ask before upgrading. Otherwise, I will wait for next version if
there's any issues to smooth out.

Please let me know your experiences with this.

Thanks,
Rocco