[linux-audio-user] Libsamplerate support for ecasound

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd at mega-nerd.com
Mon Nov 8 01:21:38 EST 2004

On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 20:56:18 -0600
ed orphan <millward at Ms.UManitoba.CA> wrote:

> How do you get Libsamplerate support for ecasound?
> Is there some program that has to be installed or
> is this a configuration issue?
> I notice that when I do   ./configure
> while installing ecasound it ends with a list
> and this list says that there is no Libsamplerate
> support.  I have no idea what it means, but
> it must be important or it wouldn't be on the list,
> right?  Anyone know how I get Libsamplerate
> support active?

Did you install libsamplerate from source or did it come with your
distro?

If you installed it from source it probably ended up in /usr/local/lib
and you probably have not set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable.
If this is the case then:

     pkg-config --cflags samplerate

will complain, but:

     PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig pkg-config --cflags samplerate

will work. In other words, you need to do

     export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig

before you do a configure in the ecasound directory.

HTH,
Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo  nospam at mega-nerd.com (Yes it's valid)