[linux-audio-user] Using Linux Laptop for Live Performance

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Thu Nov 18 17:12:50 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 12:57 -0500, John Check wrote:
> On Thursday 18 November 2004 08:01 am, derek holzer wrote:
> > Of course, the Firewire subsystem for Linux works fine. But AFAIK there
> > are no drivers existing for any firewire audio cards. Bug the various
> > manufacurers to release more technical info and they might eventually
> > show up.
> >

> More like if they sent some demo hardware to the right people.
> Chicken & egg

Yup.  I guarantee you the first vendor to offer a free device on
alsa-devel to whoever will write a driver, will have the first supported
interface.  People are busy but they like hardware as much as anyone...

Anyway it's too late for the above now, someone is working on a driver
for the M-Audio stuff.  Still, they could be the second supported
interface... ;-)

Lee