[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [Alsa-devel] Firewire Audio Card Support

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 19:41:58 EST 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:36:59 -0500, Dave Phillips <dlphilp at bright.net> wrote:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
>
> >Coincedentally I was laid off yesterday and am sitting at home
> >thinking about what to do with myself during my current delimma...
> >
> Maybe make some new music ?

That's what I'm thinking. I'm trying to get a kernel built for my HDSP
9652 machine so that I an run Ardour from there. No luck yet. I think
I didn't edit grub.conf right since I do't use and initrd file.
(Someday I'll actually discover what they do!) ;-)

> (Sorry, Mark, I couldn't resist. I hope the job situation resolves
> itself for you quickly.)

Not expecting it to. Silicon Valley is still in the pits job wise and
no one hires between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'll hang loose, look
for some consulting gigs, maybe help a couple of my customers from my
old company, etc. and drink a lot of eggnog I suppose.

Anyone wanna collaborate online over the next month or two? Need a
guitar player?