[linux-audio-user] Cheesetracker (or any other tracker) tempo questions

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Sat Nov 20 13:56:44 EST 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 09:44 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:

>    In Acid you can choose any loop you want as a starting point, paint
> it in for a number of measures and then set the tempo that you want
> the song to run at. Acid takes responsibility for resampling the loop
> behind the scenes so that the loop plays right. (I.e. - starts and
> ends on the beat.
>
>    How do we do this in Cheesetracker?

I think a few people have proposed a generalized loop stretching/beat
matching library.  Not sure if it exists yet.  This seems to be an area
where proprietary software is a little ahead.

FWIW a friend of mine met the guy who wrote Ableton Live.  He said the
beat matching code took him about three months to write.

Lee