[linux-audio-user] Problem starting ecamegapedal v0.4.3

Paul Berry pnberry at gustavus.ak.us
Sun Nov 21 04:24:39 EST 2004

Hello

I'm hopingthat someone out there can help me with this problem.
I have ecamegapedal installed on a Redhat 8.0 box with 2 sound cards. The
default soundcard is a Creative AWE64(hw:0,0)  and the 2nd sound card is a
Creative PCI128/ ens1371(hw:1,0). I have ALSA 1.0.6a installed and can use
the pcm devices of both sound cards , i.e:
$aplay -Dhw:1,0 foo.wav works fine.

I am unable to start ecamegapedal using the second sound card, I have tried
the following:

$ecamegapedal -i:alsahw,1,0 -o:alsahw,1,0
$ecamegapedal -i:alsa,snd-card-1 -o:alsa,snd-card-1
(snd-card-1 is the alias used in modules.conf and .asoundrc)

Ecamegapedal starts but a small window saying "unable to start processing"
comes up and sound is a no go. The console that I started ecamegapedal with
dispays the following error messages:
Warning: DBC_REQUIRE failed - "is_valid()", eca-control-objects.cpp, 454.
Warning: DBC_REQUIRE failed - "selected_chainsetup_repp->is_valid()",
eca-session.cpp, 331.

Ecamegapedal does work with the default card, no -i or -o options given on the
command line, but the AWE64 is not a good duplex card and I want to keep my
AWE64 as the default card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul