[linux-audio-user] ext3 filesystem

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 22 12:55:18 EST 2004

Hi,

--- Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> wrote:

> Hallo,
> R Parker hat gesagt: // R Parker wrote:
>
> > My hda1 partition is becoming %100 used and I
> don't
> > know why. This began happening after a system
> lockup
> > where I had to power cycle. I made about 9.7Gig of
> > space available on the drive but after another
> lockup
> > and power cycle the drive is %100 used again.
>
> Filling up can have many reasons. You should try to
> find out which are
> the biggest files first:
>
> $ du -sck * | sort -n

[root at stepdaddy /]# du -sckH * | sort -n
du: `proc/2392/fd/3': No such file or directory

1.4MB   tmp
3.5GB   usr
4.1kB   initrd
4.1kB   misc
4.9MB   bin
13MB    etc
13MB    sbin
16MB    boot
17kB
7kB     lost+found
20GB    home
33MB    opt
36MB    root
50kB    tftpboot
112GB   mnt
123MB   lib
137GB   total
435kB   dev
727MB   var
942MB   proc

Nothing unexpected. The 112GB in mnt is on a seperate
disk array.

/dev/hda2              38GB   35GB  1.1GB  98% /

Home 20GB
usr/ 3.5GB
Let's say there's 25GB used, this leaves 13GB
unaccounted for.

I did find several hundred MB in core dumps but
nothing to account for 13GB is missing space.

ron