[linux-audio-user] Re: Edirol UM-1S weird behaviour

Christoph Eckert mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de
Mon Nov 22 14:01:39 EST 2004

> Put the line
>
> usb-midi
>
> into the /etc/hotplug/blacklist file.

Great, this helps.

On the other hand, I'd like to know which file tells hotplug
to load usb-midi. I grepped all files in /etc/hotplug, but I
didn't find anything. I simply wanted to replace the matching
entry by snd-usb-audio.

OK, I'll now reboot and see what happens. I simply added the
snd-usb-audio to the bootscripts.

> > Is it save to deactivate all OSS support in general in
> > the kernel config, or will this cause the ALSA OSS
> > emulation to be not working?
>
> There are separate menus for the OSS drivers and for ALSA's
> OSS emulation.  And just to confuse you, the OSS USB
> drivers are located in the USB menu.

Argh :) . Thanks a lot for the hint. I guess I'm going to
disable all OSS stuff and rebuilding the kernel.

Thanks a lot for your help!

 Gruß & regards

    ce