[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] more music with Ardour

Levi D. Burton ldb at puresimplicity.net
Mon Nov 22 18:26:37 EST 2004

On Monday 22 November 2004 7:06 am, Dave Phillips wrote:

> Wow, thanks for this one ! I've wanted a piece to show off to one of my
> students who's into very heavy music (Mudvayne, NIN), she'll love this
> recording. Great sounds, how'd you get those drums ??

Thanks for checking it out.

The kick and snare are from my Alesis QS6 synth, run through a tube mic-pre
amp and into a compressor, then into the computer.  I basically crank up the
gain on the pre-amp and squash it with the compressor.  I can't remember
where the hi-hats came from.  The tapping at the beggining and during the
"chorus" is me tapping on my coffee cup with a lighter.

Try this track out if you liked ix,

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~ldb/ringbuffer/03-walk_with_me.mp3

Thanks again!

--