[linux-audio-user] nvidia drivers

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Thu Nov 25 03:35:41 EST 2004

We've been using the NVIDIA cards and drivers at work on our smp and
non-smp systems (all dual monitor) for a couple of years.  There is
still an insidious little bug somewhere in the driver that only shows up
on smp systems that causes the behavior that you are experiencing.  We
only see it about once a month though and our systems are up 24/7.  We
don't have any problems with non-smp systems.  From what I've read
running dual monitors without the NVIDIA driver is a massive PITA if
it's even possible.  I think you have to do some fancy foot work with
Xinerama to get it to work.

Jan