[linux-audio-user] nvidia drivers

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Thu Nov 25 06:11:44 EST 2004

Maarten de Boer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now that we are talking nvidia, I take advantage to ask if anyone got
> the nvidia proprietary modules to build correctly with an "Ingo Molnars
> realtime preemption patch" patched kernel?
>
> maarten

Yes, while the patches were based against 2.6.9. Since 2.6.10-rc1 the
proprietary nvidia kernel modules refuse to load due to kernel symbols
mismatch. At least on me.

AFAICT it's not Ingo's RT patch fault, it's a Linus/Andrew's feature :)

Either way, I guess nvidia should do it's homework, once 2.6.10 is out.

Bye.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org