[linux-audio-user] nvidia drivers

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Thu Nov 25 06:43:20 EST 2004

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:18:34 +0100
"tobbe at nyvalls.se" <tobbe at nyvalls.se> wrote:

> Maarten de Boer skrev:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Now that we are talking nvidia, I take advantage to ask if anyone got
> >the nvidia proprietary modules to build correctly with an "Ingo Molnars
> >realtime preemption patch" patched kernel?
> >
> >maarten
> >

> yes i have
>
> The srpm is available here http://rpm.nyvalls.se/graphics10.1.html

The nvidia binary only driver has some nasty latencies (around 400us),
so i wouldn't recommend using it for low latency work anyways. I don't
know if the realtime preemptive kernel can handle it better than the
older voluntary preemption kernels due to their design. It would be
interesting to get some data on that.

Would you mind providing a patched tarball of the nvidia driver (since i
don't use an rpm based distro).

flo