[linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Thu Nov 25 14:50:03 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 04:22 -0500, Rick B wrote:

> I kind of got the impression that the annoucement was just pertaining to
> RME *Firewire* audio interfaces.

That's what i thought. "RME is no more" seems a bit exagerated (although
i feel for the person who bought the card thinking it's supported by the
Linux drivers).

Anyway, beyond Linux support tribulations, the RME Fireface is a great
card. I just read a review in the international Dec 2004 edition of
Sound On Sound - it's really cool. It has all the things that i wish the
Multiface had.
Just one detail: you do the changes using the software, apply the
changes to the card, and all settings are stored in the local flash
memory - from then on, it will work stand-alone using that particular
configuration. That's way cool.

Sadly, if there's no support for Linux, i guess i won't buy it. It's not
like the world ends with RME or anything.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/