[linux-audio-user] announce: Instrument Tuner: fmit 0.9.4

Gilles Degottex gilles.degottex at net2000.ch
Fri Nov 26 05:43:58 EST 2004

On Friday 26 November 2004 08:52, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
> Gilles Degottex <gilles.degottex at net2000.ch>:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  everything is in the title :)
> >
> > * better frequency recognition with an interpolation of the wave
> > length
> > * many bug fixes
>
> Good changes, Gilles, thanks. One thing: You seem to have changed the
> handling of low-energy notes and that makes fmit take the -60dbFS hum
> of a guitar in with a dominant note around 50 Hz. It's no problem but
> it's a bit too much I guess.

I'm not sure, but I think it comes from the changes on the volume treshold
from per hundredth to per thousandth, try restore the factory settings,
delete your old settings in any manner (rm .qt/fmitrc) or change it manualy
(I set the old treshold to 1 hundredth, so you sill have to set it to 10
thousandth)