Behringer [was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more]

Erik Steffl steffl at bigfoot.com
Mon Nov 29 03:15:40 EST 2004

Mark Knecht wrote:
> When I start to understand the registers that a piece of hardware
> makes visible I start to understand the architecture of the product
> itself. If NVidia believes has an advantage over ATI in some area then
> possibly ATI would copy that and improve their performance. Neither
> company probably knows the intimate details of the inner workings of
> the other company's chips and hence thinks they have the advantage.

   is it really that hard to reverse engineer the binary only driver?
Does it make any real world difference for competitors? (my guess it
that it makes no difference and that companies are either fooling
themselves or just don't want to bother with legalities of releasing
info parts of which might be owned by other companies etc.)

	erik