[linux-audio-user] Re: External MIDI ports disappeared!

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Mon Nov 29 22:19:48 EST 2004

On 29 November 2004 at 18:23, Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan at starband.net> wrote:

> How did you do this (MCC?) and why was it necessary?  Is the ENS1317
> your onbaord sound card?

I did this in the BIOS.  My ENS1317 is a PCI card.

> Now if you were 94.825 % sure I'd could prolly help...but since
> your only 94.81%...  8~) (Sorry...couldn't resist) >

Whew!  Someone caught my joke.  -sigh-of-relief-

> I'd do some Googling on Udev. Lee cites this in a folowing post and
> although I'm a MDK user, I'm not familiar with Udev at all. It's a new
> thingy. And I think 10.1 is the first release to use it in MDK?

Just checked the Mandrakelinux website, and yes udev is first seen in
10.1.

> Try looking at your modprobe.conf  and seeing if there is anything funky
> going on there as a result of turning off your card the first time;
> "hard drake" can do some odd things at times in detecting new
> hardware...or what it perceives as new.

Hmmm, I'll look at that.

> I try not to think and it works for me!  Having not thought about
> that...let me not think about this; I doubt your mouse or monitor had
> bumpkiss to do with anything here but I can only be 94.81% sure about
> that. (eh-hem)

Well, if harddrake can mess up udev, then maybe that could be part of
the snarl too?

I'll follow your leads.  Thanks!

--
Kevin