Behringer [was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more]

Michal Kostrzewa m.kostrzewa at pentacomp.com.pl
Tue Nov 30 07:42:52 EST 2004

Dnia 29-11-2004, pon o godzinie 10:53 -0500, Rick B napisał(a):
> How well do decompilers work on the binary drivers? I'm not talking
> about firewire devices here, I mean on just regular pci audio interfaces.
>
>                      Rick B

To tools that are known to me works well with *any* bigger compiled
executable. Tools - I mean decompilers not just disassemblers. I hope
Boomerang (boomerang.sf.net) will do it in some future, when it becomes
more interactive.
I'm reverse engineering a PCI driver for sound interface now (I've
discovered basic data exchange with the card and card initialization
code for now). I assure you it's quite time consumming process. However
it's certainly is not impossible to do.

best regards,
Michal Kostrzewa