[linux-audio-user] Mixer settings

Christoph Eckert mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de
Tue Nov 30 14:58:48 EST 2004

Clemens,

> Each card is different.
>
> Onboard chips are supposed to be AC'97 compatible, so you
> can look into the AC'97 specification to find out what your
> chip doesn't work like.
>
> If you have luck, there is a datasheet for your codec chip.

thanks for your hint.

I'd like to mix my Terratec Aureon USB.

Meanwhile I noticed that the GUI of qamix can be configured
using xml files, so I'll try it out. Currently, it only shows
one control, that's a bit less ;-) .

I expect to be successful, so qamix will give me a better
control over my card.

BTW: I also googled to find a nice image showing the signal
flow of AC97 cards, but I haven't been successful. But the
AC97 is not that important at the moment :) .

 Best regards

    ce