[linux-audio-user] Scratch-built DAW - what's your favorite?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 19:02:01 EST 2004

If you are interested in my opinion you really cannot do better than
the answers to this question in the PTLE forums. Look here:

http://duc.digidesign.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=UBB32

Since Ardour and Pro Tool LE are very similar in scope and function my
experience is that the hardware choices work very well for both. Of
course you do have to ensure that Linux will run on the machine, but I
think there is so much info here that you shouldn't ignore it if you
are interested in other people's results.

Look at the 'Best Laptops for PTLE' and 'Best Desktops for PTLE'
threads. End of the thread holds the most recent info.

- Mark