[linux-audio-user] can't get jack working in SuSE 9.1

Robert Persson ireneshusband at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 30 19:03:12 EST 2004

> Hmm, looks like you are doing it right.  You don't need jackstart if you
> have realtime LSM working which you do.  Maybe you could try a newer
> JACK, like the current CVS version.
>
> What happens if you just run jackd from the command line, with the same
> arguments that qjackctl is using?
>
> Lee

Thanks once again for your help!

The output was the same from the command line as from qjackctl.

I then compiled and installed the CVS version of jack and I got the following
output:
robert at zebedee:/usr/src/cvs/jack> /usr/bin/jackd -R -t500 -dalsa -dhw:0
-r48000-p512 -n2 -S -i2 -o2
/usr/bin/jackd: Symbol `jack_server_dir' has different size in shared object,
consider re-linking
jackd 0.94.0
Copyright 2001 ...blahblahblah... details
Segmentation fault

How do I re-link things? And what things am I supposed to re-link?

Robert
--
Robert Persson is powered by Linux.