[linux-audio-user] Scratch-built DAW - what's your favorite?

Reuben Martin MartinR at jbu.edu
Tue Nov 30 21:25:10 EST 2004

>Can we start with mobo's? Any recommendations,
>horror stories, successes are most welcome.
>
>Stories? recommendations?

I built my own from scratch. I would actually recommend it as opposed to
prebuilt boxes because you can pick and choose hardware that will have
good linux support. I bought a VIA chipset mobo, AMD Athlon-XP, and an
RME audio card. Gentoo distro. No horror stories. (Well, I found I had a
bad memory stick when I was building it, but otherwise no complaints)

-Reuben