[linux-audio-user] Re: RME is no more

Tue Nov 30 22:13:38 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 11:43, Marek Peteraj wrote:
> > > You guys think i'm a fool, but i'm a believer.
> >
> > No, we think you're a zealot when really you're a sensitive muso.
> > Persist with Polite Positive Pressure please.
>
> We did this before. I've done this personally (korg). I know what i'm
> talking about. It's just begging, mortifying. Dear sir, now that I and
> perhaps 200 other customers have paid for your product,

Too late. You don't have, at this point, any bargaining power.

> would you be so
> kind to at least provide some specs pleeeeasssse so that we can use it
> with our OS of choice? Thank you in advance, thank you. Repeat that 2
> years, over and over again, each week perhaps. No.

_Don't_ buy the hardware in the first place. That's not gonna work. If
the company does not change its mind you are out of luck (as you have
found out). Find a product that is supported, buy and use it and tell
the other company about it. And even then it may not make a difference,
companies, like people, can be stubborn. Keep using other products.

I'm sure you don't want to be forced to do things you don't want to do,
yet that's what you want to do to others.

-- Fernando