[linux-audio-user] Re: Snd (DAW dilemma)

Bill Schottstaedt bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Oct 1 06:38:01 EDT 2004

 > this is really not currently feasible in RAM.

But that's irrelevant from Snd's point of view -- it normally only
keeps 8K samples (or is it bytes?) in RAM for each open channel
or mix -- are you thinking of some other editor perhaps?  One
of my standard "regression tests" operates on a 6 hour stereo
44 khz sound.

Anyway, I looked at the spreadsheet-for-sound business, and I
think I can make it work in Snd without great pain -- you could
use it that way now, but not easily.  I'll poke at it further.